Since the last post, I was fired from that job I was so excited about getting, exactly three months after I started it.
I also got engaged. He's amazing. He's also still an alcoholic.
I started a health and weight loss journey that has been fraught with mistakes and doubt and setbacks and victories - oh, and no real weight loss, as of yet.
I am still struggling with how to be a writer. What to write, where to write. If I can even write. Isn't it too late to start a blog and try to get a following? I feel I've weirded out any internet friends who might have been assets in making my blog successful. I don't know if I have anything to say that is unique or original enough to make a difference. I know I have stories from my own life to tell, but some of them are so dark or uncomfortable or just.. anti-climactic that I falter halfway through even writing them in my head.
I don't want a 9-5. Am I spoiled, or just honest? Am I even creative or motivated enough to carve out my own anti-9-5 career? Am I just one prescription away from realizing my full potential? I feel constantly anxious, but it turns me into an immovable lump on the couch. I have to bargain with myself for hours sometimes just to get up and shower or complete even the simplest of tasks. Other days I get so much done and feel so light and lucky and fabulous. Those days almost always involve me driving around listening to music in the sunshine.
I've got some interviews set up this week. I've got school to focus on. I've got body changes to make. I've GOT to make some doctor's appointments to address my teeth and weight and mental health issues.
So that's where I'm at.
No comments:
Post a Comment