Friday, October 26, 2012

Affirmations and First Five on Friday!

I'm amazed how much better I feel after a week of eating less, not eating junk, and just being mindful of everything I put into my body.  And dude - I QUIT FUCKING SMOKING.  If you knew me IRL you'd know what a huge fucking deal this is.  A whole week without cancer sticks. 

Talked to a friend I've been out of touch with, who said something that stuck with me. 
"What is wrong with me that I can't make myself go to the gym?  Like, not in the usual sense of beating myself up, but, what has gone wrong to make me NOT feel like I'm worth it?" 

Great reminder.  I'm my number one priority.  I only get one body, one life, one chance. 

                                                                ***

Okay, enough of that mushy stuff.  I've decided I want to share some of my favorite posts from around the web each week.  Here's my Five on Friday! 

1. EVERYONE deserves to have someone that loves their crazy this much.

2. Okay, so technically this wasn't this week or even... this year but I'm so excited to try my hand at making this for Thanksgiving that I added it to my favorites and visit it every now and again.  YUM.

3. The chic-est Halloween decor, ever.   I kind of hate her.  Except I love her. 

4. I actually put this on my Facebook earlier this week.  No one on my facebook "gets" ThoughtCatalog.  Maybe I need new "friends"...

5.  I have a pathological fear of sesame seeds, because someone once told me that our bodies can't digest them.  But this is delightful.  I made a version of it with shrimp and chicken and have been eating it all week for lunch. 

Hope everyone that's going to a Halloween party this weekend has a screamin' good time.  C and I and some friends elected to hit the roller-skating rink instead - yes, you read that right.  I haven't been roller skating (or any kind of skating for that matter) in over two decades.  C swears he's going to wear a huge Afro wig, and I swear I'm wearing his football butt pads under my - you guessed it!  electric blue skinny jeans. 

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment